What skin issues do SkinMedica products address?
SkinMedica products are suitable for a wide range of skin types, including sensitive skin and skin that may be vulnerable after cosmetic treatments. Instead of recommending generic, over-the-counter skin care products, your skin care professional at the Spa at Shenandoah recommends specific SkinMedica products to complement your treatments.
SkinMedica products are suitable to help you:
- Cleanse your skin of makeup, dirt, and environmental pollutants
- Improve the appearance of your skin by addressing factors that may lead to premature aging
- Moisturize and hydrate
- Reduce the damaging effects of sun exposure
- Correct pigment issues
- Target specific skin issues, such as acne or scar recovery
How are SkinMedica products different than other skin care products?
The SkinMedica philosophy promotes long-term skin health rather than quick fix solutions offered by some other manufacturers. SkinMedica’s parent company, Allergan, was founded by physicians and uses their experience and philosophies in product research and development. This has lead to a number of innovative products and components used in the SkinMedica line. Some of these products include:
- TNS Essential Serum® has more clinical studies than any other growth factor product currently available, providing an all-in-one rejuvenating treatment for wrinkles, fine lines, skin tone and texture.
- TNS Recovery Complex®, the first topical growth factor solution, clinically proven to reduce skin discoloration while improving the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Lytera® 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum, which reduces the appearance of dark skin spots without the use of hydroquinone, a common bleaching agent.
- HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator, supporting the natural ability of skin to replenish hyaluronic acid (HA), a protein that helps capture and retain moisture for youthful looking skin.
- SkinMedica’s Retinol complex offers three strengths to improve skin tone, texture, and resiliency.
- Total Defense + Repair combines comprehensive UVA and UVB sun protection with antioxidants, protecting from ultraviolet light while supporting natural restorative abilities of the skin.
Where can I purchase SkinMedica products?
SkinMedica skin care products can be purchased at the Spa at Shenandoah. You can schedule a free skin consult with the Esthetician who will recommend the products best suited for your skin. SkinMedica can also be purchased online through The Spa at Shenandoah’s website and shipped directly to you.