Do not use Botox® if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
For 7 days before treatment (to prevent bruising):
- Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St John’s Wort, and omega-3 capsules.
- Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes (cold sores) to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
For 3 days before treatment:
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or other anti-aging products
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising
Day of treatment:
- Arrive to the office with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup. You may bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
Botox® Post-Treatment Instructions:
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging sensation following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible
- You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last for a few hours or a few days. You may have bruises in the areas treated.
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) as instructed and any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site(s) has subsided, you may begin wearing makeup.
- Avoid placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few days; when cleansing your face or applying makeup, be very gentle.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- You may take acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen.
- Wait 2 weeks before receiving any facial treatments.